Choose a Safari Operator | Mbeya Safari
Choose a Safari Operator: There are over 600 safari companies in Arusha, Tanzania. More than two years of research and planning from the initial email enquiry to the Africa-bound flights. Below is the methodology used:
- 01. Search the internet for safari reviews, recommendations, and note what does and does not work for safari travelers.
- 02. Research TripAdvisor, Fodor’s and other safari resources and learn the How, What, Where, and When of a safari.
- 03. Review safari brochures of several well known North American based safari companies.
- 04. Select an itinerary.
- 05. Email identical itineraries and accommodation choices to several safari tour operators to gauge pricing policies.
- 06. Inform the tour operators of personal issues: food allergies; queen versus twin beds; motion sickness; etc.
- 07. Request from safari companies: description of safari vehicles; lodging recommendations & national park recommendations;
- 08. Determine how knowledgeable the safari companies are.
- 09. Decide: whether one wants be a member of a group tour versus a private tour
- 10. The novice explorer contacts approximately 20 safari tour companies, and receives prompt replies to inquiries.
- 11. After weighing the pros and cons of each safari tour company, narrow the choices down to 2 or 3 companies.
- 12. Thoroughly VET the selected safari operators. Check to see if the safari operator is reputable
- 13. Contact references of previous safari participants. Ask for negative and positive comments about their safaris.
- 14. A safari is an expensive undertaking – all-inclusive room and board, transportation, safari guide, airport transfers, etc.
- 15. Evaluate the information. Take a deep breath. Have faith in the decision-making process.
Tanzania Travel Guide| Climb Kilimanjaro and Meru | Beaches in Zanzibar | Mwanza Travel Guide |Dar-es-salaam Travel Guide |Dodoma Travel Guide | Tanga Travel Guide | Mbeya Travel Guide | Arusha Travel Guide | Tanzania Safari and Tours | Africa Safari Forums | African Safari Questions and answers | Volunteers Guide | Expat Guide