The ATCL fleet improvement program included purchasing of six aircraft as follows: three Bombardier DASH8 Q400, two delivered in September 2016 and one in June 2017; two Airbus A220-300 and one Boeing 787 Dreamliner delivered between May and December 2018. By July 2018, ATCL will be operating the fleet of seven aircraft as it has been operating one Bombardier DASH8 Q300 since 2011.
With improved fleet, ATCL is confident to regain its position as a serious competitor in the air transport market. The ongoing ATCL fleet and network expansion program include destinations in Africa, Europe, Asia, and US.
List of Air Tanzania destinations
The following is an overview of all Air Tanzania flights and destinations:
- #1. Arusha – Arusha Airport (IATA: ARK, ICAO: HTAR) is an airport serving Arusha, the capital of the Arusha Region of Tanzania
- #2. Mpanda – Mpanda airport(IATA: NPY, ICAO: HTMP) is serving the town of Mpanda and the surrounding Katavi Region.
- #3. Dar Es Salaam – Julius Nyerere International Airport (IATA: DAR, ICAO: HTDA) is the international airport of Dar es Salaam.
- #4. Dodoma – Dodoma Airport (IATA: DOD, ICAO: HTDO) is an airport serving the Tanzanian capitalof Dodoma
- #5. Zanzibar – Zanzibar International airport (IACO HTZA; IATA ZNZ), 5 km from Zanzibar City/ Stone Town.
- #6. Kilimanjaro – Zanzibar International airport (IACO HTZA; IATA ZNZ),
- #7. Mbeya – Mbeya Airport’s IATA code is MBI, while its ICAO code is HTMB.
- #8. Kigoma – Kigoma Airport (IATA: TKQ, ICAO: HTKA) is an airport in western Tanzania serving Kigoma.
- #9. Mwanza – Mwanza International Airport (IATA: MWZ, ICAO: HTMW) is aregional airport serving the city of Mwanza.
- #10. Iringa – IringaAirport
Bunjumbura – Melchior Ndadaye International Airport (IATA: BJM, ICAO: HBBA).
Moroni – Moroni Prince Said Ibrahim International Airport, (HAH/FMCH), Comoros
Mumbai – Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport, Mumbai (IATA: BOM, ICAO: VABB), serving the Mumbai.
Entebe – Entebbe International Airport (IATA: EBB, ICAO: HUEN) is the principal international airport of Uganda.
Lusaka – Kenneth Kaunda International Airport (IATA: LUN, ICAO: FLKK) is an international airport in Lusaka
Harare – Robert Gabriel Mugabe International Airport (IATA: HRE, ICAO: FVRG), formerly known as the Harare International Airport
More MbeyaTravel Ideas
Planning your trip? Whether you’re looking for things to do in Mbeya such as events and attractions, key traveller information to make your Mbeya visit run smoothly or are planning where to stay in Mwanza, you’ll find everything you need for your Mbeya holiday on Our Website. Mbeya City Travel guide has the information about latest events not to miss while you visit Mbeya – there’s always something going on, so don’t miss out on the latest exhibitions, shows and more on your trip to Mbeya
Discover the best day trips from Mbeya or try one of the best tours in Mbeya and nearby regions. If you’re here as a family, you’ll find plenty of things to do in Mbeya with kids and find suitable accommodation such as Mbeya holiday apartments. Whether you’re looking for the best weekend breaks in Mwanza or planning a longer holiday in Tanzania, you can be sure you’ll find all the information you need.